Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 2

Today is the day where I am supposed to come up with all of the different reasons why I am quitting. First I would like to say that I hate that it is called quitting… maybe ill start calling it cessation like the commercials. Quitting just had such a negative connotation.

Let’s see, there are the health benefits… lower medical costs, increased immune system yadda yadda yadda… But that doesn't ring loud for me, I have been as healthy as an ox my entire life, and on my last physical a few months ago my Dr said the only thing off in my blood work was that my Vitamin D was low… And I looked into it, it is only low because the medical community recently raised what is considered “good” to a number that is above the levels 75% of the US population has! Bastards.

The truth is, at $5 a pack and breaking through the pack a day level (with some help from a mooch friend and a wife that only smokes my cigarettes) I have better things to do with 30 – 40 bucks a week… Especially with gas prices getting so high, so mostly I am about the money money money.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't screw with a guy that is in the middle of quitting smoking.